The self-adhered layer in a roof deck protection system provides a waterproof barrier for vulnerable areas on a roof. Whether the building is faced with wind-driven rain or the potential for ice damming, having a waterproof barrier will help provide protection for a long-lasting roof.
RhinoRoof Granulated self-adhered underlayment provides that essential waterproof barrier as a second line of defense against water mitigation. RhinoRoof Granulated combined with a synthetic underlayment, such as RhinoRoof U20 creates an underlayment system to protect the roof deck from eave to peak.
- RhinoRoof Granulated is formulated with the latest in asphalt technology that brings significant performance values:
- Excellent Adhesion – Tested at 40º F and 75º F adhesion to the deck exceeds ASTM D1970 standards*
- Flexible Installation – Even at cold temperatures
- Lap adhesion – Constructed with a taped selvage edge for 3 inches of edge lap protection
- Walkable Surface – Provides a slip-resistant surface with minimal loose granules for excellent traction and safe installation.
- Easy to install – Split backer sheet for easy application and positioning on the roof deck
- Extended UV Exposure – Can be left exposed up to 30 days